Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 8 - My Biggest Challenge (right now!)

There are lots of challenges in life, most of which come with parenting a child with special needs. But really the part of life that I find the hardest is setting boundaries with my family.

As I've gotten older, I've learned that I need to set boundaries for lots of reasons.  Everyone has them, at work, at home, with friends or family.  And I'm a lot better about setting them now than I used to be...but I still struggle to set them with certain members of my family.

It seems that a lot of times I think that I put them into place, and then they don't stick.  This could be because I don't communicate them clearly, or maybe I just don't enforce them as much as I need to.  I know I need to figure this out because when they aren't there I feel like my life is being invaded, or I'm forced into situations that make me really uncomfortable.  Its very stressful, and we all know what I don't need in my life is more stress.

I don't know why its so hard, but it seems to be the one thing that is always showing back up in my life.  Maybe some day I'll figure out how to make them stick better, but for now I'm just going to keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment