Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 4 - My Family

I'll try to make this short, although that might be hard since my family is complicated.

First off is my baby girl!!  Well, she isn't really a baby any more.  Sara's going to be 4 years old at the end of this month...and I'm in total denial about it!  Its just Sara and I at home, so as for the immediate family I live with she's it.  Well, and our dog, Tank.

My parents divorced when I was in middle school, so from here it gets kind of complicated. 

First is my dad and step-mom.  Dad married Amy when I was around 13.  We all work together, so we see each other often.  Between working together 5 days a week and spending extra time together with Sara, we've become quite close the last couple years.  I can't imagine my life without them.  They have been instrumental to my success at my job and as a mom, and I know that they will continue to be supportive no matter what life throws our way!  I owe them more than they will ever know.

Then there is my mom and step-dad.  My mom married Ed when I was in high school.  Ed had 4 sons from a previous marriage, so I went from being the oldest to being the 5th child...but still the oldest girl (which is really important in this family).  I talk with 2 of my step-brothers once in a while, but have no contact with the other two at this point.  Mom and Ed also took in Ed's two young grandchildren, Brian (8) and Alexis (6).  Lu and Obo (as Sara calls them), are the children of one of the brothers we no longer speak to.  So the kids live with them full time, and Sara and Lu are very good friends and love to play together every chance they get.  We all have lots of fun together!

I have a younger sister, Barb.  In the last year or so, Barb and I have really lost touch.  I've had some trouble excepting the choices she's made in her life, and so have distanced myself to some extent.  Usually when I see my sister, its when we all get together at my mom's for a holiday or birthday.  I really hope that at some point this relationship will be able to be healed, but we've never really been close so I don't know how it will turn out.  There's a lot of growing left to do before this relationship can probably even start to heal.

That's pretty much it for my immediate family.  My grandparents have all passed, and I have a couple of aunts on my mom's side and one on my dad's.  I'm close to both aunts on my mom's side, and we talk often, but I rarely speak with my aunt on my dad's side.

So that's it!  My very small, but complicated, family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment