Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 7 - My Happiest Memory

I like this topic much better than yesterday's.  So here we go!

This one shouldn't be too hard for any of you to guess, but by far all of my happiest memories involve Sara.  And there are a lot of them.  Her birth, the first time she rolled over, sat up, crawled, and so on.  But my favorite is the first memory I have of her in my arms!

She was so small, and so cute!  I remember just having her in my arms, we were all alone in the hospital room, and just looking at her.  I was amazed by the fact that she was finally here after such a horrible pregnancy, not to mention almost losing my life in the process.  I touched her small fingers, and rubbed the back of her tiny hand.  She was asleep, and looked to innocent and peaceful.  I remember telling myself in that moment to commit every detail to memory because all too soon she would be a big girl.  And its been almost 4 years since that moment, and I was right.  Its arrived way too soon!!

It was the most amazing moment of my life (and the scariest too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment