Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 5 - My Friends

Here I am, blogging really late because its the weekend and I just thought of it! 

With that said, I've always been one to have a couple close friends instead of a lot of friends that I don't talk to all that often.  And what that means is that these friends aren't really friends at all, but just more of my family.  They are the family I've chosen instead of being born with!

First is Kimmy!  She hates when I call her that, but I just can't help it.  She's just like a little sister to me.  We haven't been able to see each other much recently since she's been going to school in New York, but when she comes home to visit we try to get together a lot.  Sara has no clue she isn't really her aunt, and I know that Sara misses her just as much as I do.  We can't wait for her to come home (and stay)!

And then there's Mary!  Mary and I have been friends for the entire lives of our children and most of our pregnancies.  We meet in an online support group for women who were pregnant and had lost a previous pregnancy.  We became very good friends quickly, talking every day.  And have stayed in touch even after leaving the support group.  Finally, this last summer, Sara and I got to travel to MN to finally meet Mary and her son, Jack!  Of course it was like we'd known each other forever, and we talk even more now...if that's even possible.

I have a couple other friends that I keep in touch with, and get the chance to see once in a while.  And I know that just because I didn't mention them all by name, that doesn't make them any less important.  You all know who you are, and I love each and every one of you!!

Life wouldn't be complete without my friends!  They've been with me (and Sara) through thick and thin.  They've come to the hospital late at night, babysat, and planned birthday parties with me.  I'm so lucky to be blessed with such amazing friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment