Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sara's Graduation!

Sara graduated from her first pre-school class yesterday!  She will have two more pre-school graduations before she enters Kindergarten in 2012.  (I know; that's a scary thought!)

It was a cute little ceremony.  The kids sang their ABC's and a song about the days of the week.  It was really informal, but everyone had a good time.  After each one got their diploma, then there was snacks and mingling.  This was all followed up by a fun day outside for the kids and their families.  There was face painting, water tables, treasure hunts in the sand box, snow cones, balloons, sidewalk chalk, and bunches of other fun activities.

Here are some of the pics I took of the kids singing.  There's Sara right in the middle, and the little boy on the right in the blue shirt is the "boyfriend" I mentioned many posts back.





Here is my baby with her diploma!  It says, "May you touch fireflies and stars, dance with fairies and talk to the man in the moon.  May you grow up with love and gracious hearts and people who care.  Welcome to the world, graduate, its been waiting for you."


And here is Sara with her teachers.  They both told me how much they will miss her not being in their class next year.  I think Sara will miss them too.  They've had an amazing impact on her in these few short months!


It was a great time, and yes I got a little teary eyed.  My baby is growing up so fast!  Soon I'll be sending her off to college, and to face the real world.  I know that it will be here light years before I'm ready...her first day of school was!


1 comment: