Thursday, June 3, 2010

Let the fun begin!!!

Today we leave for MN to see Mary and Jack!!!!!  I'm so excited to spend this weekend with them.

But with that said, I hate flying.  I always make myself sick with worry that I'll forget something...which is dumb because I'm not going somewhere that doesn't have a store on every corner.  I worry about getting to the airport, getting through security (which is a nightmare for Sara), and making sure I don't miss my flight.  I worry that my house is in good condition and if my friend that is house sitting for me will need something I don't have. 

Really when it comes to traveling, I just worry too much!  I know that once we are there, and we are all in the car leaving the airport that I will calm down.  But the hours in between are torture because I know I'm driving myself crazy over nothing.  I've packed for 2 weeks for this trip, and have Excel spreadsheets I use to make sure I don't forget anything.  And I never sleep the night before I get on a plane!

I know that I'm as ready as I can be, that I haven't forgotten anything I can't get there if I need it, that I'm already exhausted and Sara isn't even awake yet, and that this trip is going to be a blast!  So why won't the butterflies in my stomach calm down so I can eat some breakfast?  Does this happen to other people, or am I upholding my freak status??  All I know is that I just want to get there, hug Mary and Jack, and spend this weekend just hanging out and having a good time!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT for you to get here! I am so stinken excited!!! And, for the record, I'm the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

    And while I have traveled quite a bit in my life, I still make lists, check stuff off, pack way ahead of time and do a countdown backwards with times to make sure I'm going to have enough time for everything! And traveling with kids is a whole new ballgame! I've now realized I pack myself in like 30 minutes..it's the kids that take a couple weeks of planning and checking off lists! :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete