Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sara's doing better!

I'm happy to report that Sara seems to have finally turned the corner.  Her fever finally broke in the middle of the night, so she is now fever free!  She is in good spirits this morning, and drinking some on her own.  She didn't eat breakfast, but that doesn't really mean anything for her.  She's always been a sporadic eater.

With her fever gone, we will be going home tomorrow afternoon as long as it doesn't return.  Sara has to have 48 hours of IV antibiotics before we can be discharged, and her last dose in that 48 hours will be given at 2pm tomorrow (Monday).  We will then be allowed to go home on oral medicine, which she will probably be taking for at least 10 days.

Sara was feeling so good this morning, she pulled to stand in her bed to dance along with the show she was watching.  I thought you all would want to see her getting back to her normal self.  I just can't get enough of that smiling face!


We can't wait to get home to our own beds, and our buddy Tank.  And thank you so much to my dad and step-mom for watching Tank for me while I've been living at the hospital with Sara.  Hopefully he was a very good dog while Sara and I have been here.

And thank you to all of you who have sent prayers and healthy vibes our way!!  They're working, so keep up the good work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment