Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hope and Miracles are Happening Right Now!

 Sara and I interviewed to help raise money in 2009.  This was on their website!

Its that time a year again in which a local radio station takes 3 days of broadcasting to raise money for The Children's Hospital!

Alice 105.9 is currently running its 36 Hours for Kids Radiothon!  It is a chance to share stories from families that this hospital has touched.  And because TCH is part of our family, so is this radio station and all the families sharing their stories.  Some are heartbreaking, ending in tragedy.  Others are full of hope and survival!  Its amazing, and its very important to Sara and me!

And you can help us spread the word and raise money!  We're not only raising money for Sara, but for every other child that needs this place.  No matter if its a life-threatening, lifelong illness or just a broken arm that's treated in the ER and released...this hospital is an important part of this community, and to the entire country!

Sara said to me this morning on the way to preschool while we were listening...

"Mommy, I want to go and tell people to call and help kids like me on the radio.  And I want to take my piggy bank so they can help more kids!"

If my daughter can do it, so can you!  Take 5 minutes out of your day, and donate.  You can donate online, by clicking the link, or you can call 1-800-458-KIDS.  Then put it on your Facebook, blog about it, call others or send them a text.  Let's get the word out!

And in case that wasn't enough of a reason to do it, here's one more.  Sara and I went and gave an interview in 2009.  It was the most amazing experience!  It won't load here for whatever reason, might be too big, so if you want to hear it drop me a note and I will email it to you!

Thank you to everyone who is supporting this amazing cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment