Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reviewing 2010 (and Santa pic)

Dearest Friends and Family,

Another year has passed us by in life, and in my opinion it was very fast!  I thought I would take this time to reflect on all that has happened this year...assuming I can remember it all.

In January, Sara celebrated her 3rd birthday.  She also had her first MRI of the year.
In February, we traveled to California and went to Disneyland.  Sara was very excited to meet Micky Mouse!
March and April passed by and where fairly uneventful for the most part.  Just appointments here and there, but that's nothing to write home about.
In May, Sara was admitted to the hospital for the first time in a year!  It was a relatively short visit, and Sara did great.
In June, we traveled to Minnesota to meet Mary and Jack in person for the first time.  It was a quick trip, too quick for me, but it was a blast!  I hope we all get the chance to get together again.  Sara also started at a new daycare, which she loves.
In July, Sara had her second MRI.  This completed her major testing for the year.
In August, Sara started back to preschool.
In September, I had an MRI to check to see if I had MS.  Luckily that scan was negative.
In October, we celebrated Halloween.  Sara was a monkey and for the first time really understood the theory of Trick-or-Treating.  I also attended an NF symposium that helped me to even further understand all that goes on with NF.
In November, I celebrated my 3rd 29th birthday.
And that leaves us with December, and our crazy life as it stands now!

Sara is doing really well.  Her kidneys are the healthiest they've ever been.  Sara is doing well in school, and is excelling above many of her peers in the areas of understanding language and problem solving skills.  Sara is very social with her schoolmates and is excited to go each day.  I encourage Sara's love for learning every chance I get, and I hope it never goes away.

I am still working at VAC, and I can honestly say that I can't see myself being anywhere else.  I love my job, even on the bad days.  I'm feeling really good right now, even though there were times this year that wasn't the case.  I'm happy to report that overall I'm doing well health wise, and plan to keep it that way.  I am also happy to report that I have a new man in my life.  He is amazing and treats both Sara and I like royalty!  Although he is probably unaware, he has really helped me to heal from several very old wounds I have carried with me for a very long time.  And no matter what happens in the future, I will always be grateful for all he's done for me and Sara these last few months.

Together Sara and I enjoy going to the zoo, doing crafts, and just playing in her playro0m together.  Its hard being a single mom and fitting everything into the schedule, but somehow I manage to pull it off.  And I know that I give Sara all the quality time I can...and make a point to tell her I love her everyday!  I know that as a mother I am succeeding in life, and right now that's all that matters to me.  Sara is happy, I'm happy, and that means life is good!

And if this was a real letter I was mailing, which it isn't because I'm too cheap to pay the postage,  you'd get a photo with it.  So here it is....Sara's picture with Santa for 2010.  Notice she isn't crying this year!  Another first for us in this amazing year!


Sara and I would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a magical and blessed New Year!


1 comment:

  1. Julie, I wish I could hug you right now!! I feel like I've gotten to know you very well through this blog and through Kim, and I'm so happy for you and Sara! I cannot wait to actually meet you, in person, and give you the biggest hug ever!! Until then, a cyber hug will have to do!
    I'm so excited to hear that you are feeling well, that Sara is doing great in all of her endeavors, and that there's a great guy for you to share it all with!! I'm welling up just thinking about it, and I really don't know all the back story!! :) I'm SO happy for you, Julie!
    I don't know how you feel about God, I've got my own mixed feelings from time to time, but whatever or whomever you do believe (in), you and your beautiful daughter have those blessings!
    I stand in awe of a beautiful, strong, courageous, and absolutely inspiring woman. As a brand new mother, I look up to your strength and wisdom and experiences, and I hope I can provide for Porter even a fraction of that which you provide Sara. She's a lucky girl and your a luck mom to have her!
    Okay, I'm done being sappy now - Merry Christmas and I'm sending love your way!
    <3 Becky, Kevin & Porter Menard

    ReplyDelete