Friday, July 2, 2010

Something Different!

In the educational community there is a saying that teachers stick to.  When you find something good another teacher is using, beg, borrow, or steal to get it!  And I think that some items in blogging are the same.

Mary, my fellow blogger, posted 5 answers to 5 questions. You can read it here. I thought it was a great idea, so I'm stealing it...and she notes in her blog that she "stole" it from someone else!  And I agree, this is a nice change from the regular "life is good, and this is what we're up to" posts.

1.  What is one thing you miss most from childhood?
I miss living in a neighborhood where everyone knew everybody else.  Mom's took turns watching kids, and people drove super slow because there were always kids playing in the street.  I miss being yelled at by somebody else's dad for doing something dumb, and I miss the safety I felt because I knew everyone around me wanted what was best for me.

2.  Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
No.  I haven't spoken to any of them in quite some time.  About once a year I will run into a friend I had then since some of us have stayed in the same area for the most part, but I have no desire to seek them out and spend time with them.  Most of them have not made good choices since high school, and I just don't want to be around people like that.

3.  Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you here it? 
At work I have a friend, and his catch phrase is "That's what she said."  Every time he says it, I want to smack him....but it makes me laugh to, so I don't.


4.  What is one thing that symbolizes America....besides "Old Glory"? 
We have a symbol for this country; its the American flag!  There is nothing else!  Our flag is awesome, it shows where we came from with the first 13 original colonies, and shows what we have grown into with our 50 states.  It has the power to lift people up in times of despair and the power to make people cry tears of joy.  Our flag says it all!!

5.  What are your 4th of July weekend plans?   
Tonight my daughter is staying with my mom and step-dad, so I'm going out with some friends.  Tomorrow night I'm bringing all the kids back to my house so my parents can go out, and we'll be camping in the backyard.  And of course, I always end my weekend with an evening with my honey.

So there you have it!  The 5 questions of the day answered.  I hope everyone has a great time celebrating our country's independence.  Be safe and have fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment