Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm a Woman!

Recently I have been struggling with the many roles I have had to play in my family.  I'm always struggling as a mother, as most of us are, but it seems recently that I'm struggling to find my place as a daughter and sister as well.  I've reached a point in these relationships that I'm not convinced I'm really the person they think I am when it comes to these roles.

But one role that I have not at all had to struggle with recently is being a woman!  I love that I am a woman, in the prime of my life, and that I am happy!  I want to scream to the world, "Look at me!  I'm happy, beautiful, confident, strong, and independent!  I love my life, and I'll survive anything the world can throw at me!"

It helps that I have people in my life who say the same thing...especially one in particular that makes a point to tell me I'm beautiful all the time.  It brings a smile to my face to know that I am a woman, and that no one can take that from me.  This is my life, my body, and my spirit...and I'm the only one who gets to decide what my attitude is going to be.  I choose to have a positive attitude, and hope it will become contagious.  Its amazing to wake up in the morning and smile first thing!  I wish everyone was as lucky as I am in the fact that they smile first thing when they wake up before they even get out of bed.  It makes a HUGE difference in your attitude all day long, and all life long.

I found this quote while looking online for something this morning, and it summed up everything that I was feeling today. Not to mention, it made me laugh too!

"Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, 
heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of;
the heck with sugar and spice." 
- Bethany Hamilton

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! And LOVE you! Strong, confident, amazing YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete