Saturday, September 11, 2010

Just One Moment...


Today is a sad day in our nations history, and it only seems right to take a moment to reflect on it.

As all of us know, on this day 9 years ago some 3,000 Americans lost their lives because of fear and anger that led to violence.  It was one of the biggest tragedies our nation has ever faced.  And like everyone who was here then, I know EXACTLY where I was and what I was doing when I heard that a plane had flow into the first tower.  I will never forget the moment I realized our entire nation was under attack.

My heart goes out to all of the family and friends of those that lost their lives that day.  I know that many of them are still looking to make some kind of sense for their loss.  I hope that they know that an entire nation is rallied behind them. 

I ask that God give them the strength and comfort that they are still yearning for.  I ask that He continue to watch over this great nation, and all of its citizens.  I ask that He help to bring peace to an angry world full of hate and misunderstandings.

Let us never forget this day!  For when we forget is when history repeats itself!

UNITED WE STAND!


1 comment:

  1. Amen. I wish I had said it so eloquently. You really do have a wonderful way with words, Julie. It's a somber and sobering day, everywhere, but especially in this beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete