Thursday, September 6, 2012

All the Craziness...

I feel like life never slows down these days!  Every time I get one thing done or under control, I go back to a list that is even longer than it was before I started the last task.  Let me give you a quick recap of the nuttiness these days.

Mostly the things I have been working on either involve Sara's medical status and appts or her school.  No surprises there!  Sara has an appt with her orthopedic oncologist on Oct. 16th to schedule her surgery and do the pre-evaluation. 

Also there is multiple tasks for the NF Walk, which is only 2 days away!  I volunteered for the planning committee this year, and I'm so glad I did.  It was a TON of work, but it was completely worth it.  This is going to be the best walk we've had in Denver yet, and I can't wait to see how it all goes.  I really think we've made some great changes this year that will really bring it all together.

Sara and I also have a roommate, my BFF Kimmy!  She lived with us back in 2010, and moved back in last month.  Its so nice to have her back with us, and its just nice to have someone to talk to, hang out with, and who understands all that is going on with Sara.  She's been on this journey with Sara and I since the moment of Sara's conception.  In all honestly, she's like Sara's second mom.  She parents Sara like I do, and makes sure Sara does all the things she needs to.  She doesn't cut her any slack because Sara has NF.  I trust her completely at all times with my precious little girl, and I thank God so much for bringing her back to us.

Sara is loving school!  She wheels herself out of the classroom at race car pace every day with a huge smile on her face and tells me she had the best day ever!  I'm so glad she loves it so much.  She's at the head of her class, and tested at a level in her assessments last week that would be equal with a child about to finish 1st grade.  Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised by this.  With both Kimmy and I having degrees in elementary education, everything in our house is a teaching opportunity. When Sara asks us which way to go in the store, we never just point and say "that way."  We always tell her we need to go left or right, and ask her if she knows what way that is.  We also make her read the shopping list, help us count things or read labels.  Sometimes I feel bad for Sara.  It must suck living with two teachers...her brain never gets any rest.  LOL!!

Well, for now that's all I've got.  But I promise I will be posting all the days events from the NF Walk next week.  Its going to be super exciting and full of surprises for Sara!

Until then...




1 comment:

  1. I think we need to start making plans for an arranged marriage. Sara sound so amazing and sweet and I have to tell you that my son is amazing and sweet too. Both are probably the smartest little cookies in their class.

    Joey is reading so well these days and can already count to 100 and recognize all the numbers to 100 and well that's all kindergarten is, right? I tease him and say that we just need to put him in first grade so he can learn something new and be on track with other kids.

    And in case you're curious our school uses the Reading A-Z program (you can google it) and if I had to guess I'd say he was reading on a level C. Easily. That is where the district wants the kindergarteners to be at the very end of the year.

    ReplyDelete