Thursday, July 14, 2011

A little progress...

After going to bed hungry because she refused to eat her dinner on Tuesday, Sara ate a few bites of dinner last night.  I considered it progress in the right direction, and it reaffirmed that I'm doing the right thing by forcing this issue with her.

For the first time in a while, Sara didn't have a huge fit at dinner.  And she even tried one bite of something new!  She cried a little, and there was still some enforcement of the eating rules about no crying at the table and leaving food she didn't want to eat on her plate...but overall she did much better.

Now part of me wonders if that's not because we had company for dinner.  Sara knows that my rule is that you better have good manners when we have company or are out in public, but you can get away with murder at home when its just us.  Of course, that is one of the things that we're working on. 

I know that her behavior is a direct result of how I parent, so I know that this is not all her fault.  And I know that to change it, I will also have to change how I do things.  I assumed that at first it would be really difficult and I would want to give up, but so far it has been easier than I thought.  Let's just hope that this positive forward movement continues.

Maybe tonight she'll eat all her dinner!  I can hope at least!


1 comment:

  1. Joey is a hot mess at the table. Sure he'll eat fruits and veggies (especially fresh/raw) but he won't eat peanut butter, noodles, cheese, pizza.....yea know, the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete