Kim has a sewing machine, but had only used it to fix already made things like jeans and shirts. To follow a pattern from scratch was a whole new adventure for both of us. And let me tell you, we learned A LOT!!! And as you would suspect, we had to modify it as we went to accommodate Sara's right leg and other minimal issues.
So here it is!! All of our work, stress, and victory all in some pictures!
|The table when we started!|
|Cutting out the pattern!|
|Cutting out the fabric pieces!|
|Sara helping us pin the pattern!|
|All our cutout pieces!|
|OMG! We actually sewed two pieces together!|
|We made |
|And then we had ears!|
|And the tail (modified)!|
|Kimmy sewing the hood!|
|The never ending mess!|
|Who knew we could actually sew a zipper!|
|One of many casualties!|
|Working on the shoe covers of the jumpsuit!|
|One shoe cover (inside out)!|
|Just needs some finishing touches!|
|I think we made it a little big!|
|Check ear position before sewing them on!|
|Completed jumpsuit with tutu!|
|Woot! We did it!|
It took us about 20 hrs spread out over a Saturday, and 5 week nights! It was definitely a challenge, but we rose to the occasion and conquered it. And we did it all with love for my peanut! And we just hit our deadline, completing it just 10.5 hrs before it needed to be worn to Boo at the Zoo!
And here is what Sara asked to be, for those of you who don't know, and in case you couldn't tell. Lambie from Doc McStuffins (a show on Disney Jr.)!