Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rest In Peace

Yesterday ended on a very dark note in my family.  I spent the evening at my dad's house with him, my sister, my step-mom's parents, and my boyfriend.  We were all gathered there, with the police and the coroner.  My step-mother, Amy, died at home!

I don't think its sunk in for any of us yet.  It was so sudden, and the wound so fresh.  All of us keep wondering if there was more we could have done to help her.  She was sick such a very long time.  I'm glad she's no longer suffering, but I wish there was something we could have done to make her better.

Of course, I am doing all I can to support my dad through this very difficult time.  All of us are.  I'm worried about his MS, and how it will be affected.  I don't want him to have a relapse and this already incredibly difficult time be even worse.

And through it all, I keep thinking of Sara.  She's with her dad right now, and I wish she was with me so I could hold her and tell her how much I love her.  But she needs to be with him while I help my dad make arrangements and deal with insurance and things.  Plus, how do you explain death to a 4 year old?  Its something I'm not ready for or know how to do.

Rest in peace Amy
You will be greatly missed
Love you
Woof


No comments:

Post a Comment