Sunday, December 11, 2011

2011 Christmas Letter

Dearest Family and Friends,

I can't believe that another year is almost over, and what a year its been!  I think our biggest news of the year is that Sara made it the whole year without having to be hospitalized for any infections!  Every day that passes is a new record in that department.  Currently it's been 18 months...and counting.

As for school, Sara will be headed to kindergarten next year.  I can't believe it!  How did she get to be so big?  Currently Sara is the smartest kid in her class (and yes, I know every parent says that, but I have the tests to prove it).  She is academically ahead of her peers in almost every area, and her math skills are almost at a 1st grade level.  She is already starting to read and has quite a few words she recognizes on sight.

Sara may have some challenges coming up on the health front, but that has yet to be decided.  This year was actually a pretty easy year in regards to the medical portion of our lives.  Sara's Jan. MRI was so good that we decided she didn't need to have one for another year.  She had a second one in Oct and the results were the same.  Her abdominal tumor hasn't showed any growth, her kidneys are doing really well, and overall she continues to be defying most of what the doctors think she will do.

Sara has grown leaps and bounds in her mobility this year.  Sara is walking more at home, but still uses her wheelchair and crawling to get around at school.  She is doing some table surfing at school, but it takes her a long time and I think she's worried she'll miss something cause she's so slow that way.  But she now has the upper body strength to keep up with the other kids when walking in line, and being the line leader is her favorite part of school.

As for me, I'm still working for my dad at VAC.  I love my job and the people I work with.  I can't believe I've been there 4 years already, and that its the longest I've ever stayed at a job.  The thing I love the most is things are never the same.  I can't even keep my daily routine the same for more than a week or so before a project or crisis comes along to change the rules.  And I also really love that a lot of the work we do is protecting our troops and bringing our service men and women home safe!  It gives me great pride to know I do something that helps so many.

The only other major thing in my life (other than my wonderful job and my beautiful daughter) would have to be my boyfriend.  Kevin and I have been together for 2 years now, and its wonderful.  He is the most kind and caring man I've ever met.  He treats both Sara and I like royalty and is always finding new ways to spoil us both.  I can't imagine not having him in my life now!  Through all the drama that is my family, he just takes it all in stride.  He's so amazingly tolerant of my random emotional break downs and my completely neurotic moments; there is no way there is anyone else out there as patient as he is.  And he is so good with Sara!  They get along so well, and Sara really has developed a wonderful relationship and attachment to him.  We really are starting to become a small family, and its a good feeling!

When I look back at this year, I see what an amazing year it has been!  I look at all the blessings I've been fortunate enough to have this year and in my life always.  I'm ever so thankful for all that God has provided for me and my family, and that he has kept Sara healthy for these last 18 months.  I hope that God will continue to bless all of his with his astounding grace and forgiveness.

I hope that each and every one of you has the most joyous of holidays!  Sara and I would like to wish you a very merry Christmas and a most happy new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment