Tuesday, November 9, 2010

This time of year...

The time is upon us!  It is again that time of the year that most of us go out of our way to help others, make an extra effort to be politer than we would normally be, and act like crazy lunatics anywhere there is holiday shopping available.  Welcome to the holiday season of 2010!

It really feels like the holidays since we finally got our first snow flakes falling from the sky today.  Sara was so excited to see snow.  It made no difference to her that it was barely enough to even cover the grass, and that it only made the roads wet.  She was happy to see it, so at least that makes one of us.  On the other hand, I was much happier with the 70 degrees we were enjoying yesterday!  But alas, as much as I was in denial about it, I knew the snow would return eventually. 

The only thing I like about this time of year is the holidays.  I hate cold, snow, and that its dark so early.  So instead of dwelling on those things, I'm choosing to focus my time on the holidays...and all that yummy food!  I can't wait to start eating...turkey, stuffing, potatoes, roast beef, green beans, pies, Christmas cookies....I could go on and on!  Hurry up Thanksgiving; my taste buds are waiting!!  And the sooner you get here, the closer to spring I'll be!

No comments:

Post a Comment