Friday, October 15, 2010

Awareness Day!!

I know that some of you reading this blog already know what today is, but some of you don't...so here is your educational lesson for the day!

Today is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day!  Today is the day that we all get a chance to take a moment to remember those we have lost along the way, no matter how briefly they may have entered our lives.

This "holiday" (I use that term loosely) was requested by parents and approved by congress as an effort to make the population more aware that miscarriages and infant deaths are more common than most of us think.  Many families are affected by this every year.  And no, we never "get over it" and we shouldn't be asked to.

Today all of us who have been through a loss get to bond together.  Today we will light a candle at 7pm, no matter what time zone your in, and let it burn for an hour in remembrance of those babies that we have lost.  This is the tradition for this "holiday", and I hope that everyone who reads this will participate, even if you haven't survived a loss yourself.  You can do it to show support to those who have, and help us put a wave of light across the world for our angels to see.

I am the proud mother of an angel that touched my life, and the lives of those around me, ever so briefly.  Its been 5 years, but I still think about it every day.  Today I light a candle for my angel, and all the others I know who are the parents of an angel along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment