Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Miss Him!

Monday was a very sad day in my life!  My buddy of 11 years left this world for the next.  I take comfort in the fact that he is no longer suffering, and that he will not be alone on his next journey.  I believe he will be welcomed and comforted by my stepmother (who passed away 2 years ago).  She was a lover of all animals, especially dogs, and I know she will take good care of him.

Our vet believed that Tank had a brain tumor, or suffered from a recent stroke.  Either way, his health and quality of life was quickly declining.  Since there was no treatment options for either case, the only humane thing was to let him go.  It was very difficult, but it was best for him.

I got Tank as an 8 week old puppy, so its hard to imagine life without him.  He was a wonderful dog, and I loved him so very much! 

R.I.P. Little Dog!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's been forever. Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about Tank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and from one fellow NF Mom to another, hang in there! We lost our beloved Riley (looks a lot like Tank but black) last Thanksgiving and now recently adopted a new canine sibling - Cinder. It's been good for our kiddos but we definitely needed some time to grieve before making this decision. I would love to include your blog under our NF Friends link on our blog - www.mosshouse.blogspot.com if you would be willing. Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete