Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year Update

Well, the last bit of last year and the first bit of this year has been crazy!

Christmas was as good as can be expected.  It was hard to have my step-mother missing, but it was nice to have the family together and the distraction of Sara's amazement at the gifts Santa brought her.  It was a small, simple Christmas...but I think that's all any of us would have been able to handle.

New Year's was wonderful!  Sara was with her dad so I got to spend the evening with my boyfriend, and it was just nice to sit and relax for the first time in a while.  Between Thanksgiving, birthdays, Christmas, and Amy's death, it was just nice to sit an have no worries...even if only for one night.

Right now life is still crazy.  There are still lots of things going on, mostly revolving around my step-mother's sudden departure.  Today is exactly one month since her death.  I still have trouble believing she's gone, and today was especially hard.  I'm so glad that I can find peace in all the people I work with.  Since we are all mourning her together, its comforting to know I'm with people who knew her and cared so much for her like I did.  In case you didn't know, she was our company's CEO.  Its also nice to see my dad everyday, to have that closeness at such a hard time.  They worked at this company together, building it and helping it grow, and then bought it from the original owners years ago.  I think both my dad and I find some peace in keeping it going in her memory.  It makes it easy to go to work these days, easier than its ever been, and I know that everyone is giving it their all.

But also this month brings one of my favorite days, which is my little peanut's birthday!  I can't believe she's going to be 5!!  How did she get to be so big...and old?!?  She's such a big girl, with a big girl attitude to match.  She is always growing and learning new things.  Its amazing to see how she views the world around her, and how that view is constantly changing. 

Sara is very excited to have her birthday party, which has a Disney Cars theme this year.  I went small this year, unlike last years blow out.  And I'm sure I will be posting pictures once the party is done.  I can't wait to share them with you.

And yes, as one of my new year's resolutions I'm hoping to be posting more.


No comments:

Post a Comment